Every reason for all that I do begins and ends with you...

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Loving our family of 3.

First, let me specifically say I'm thrilled to find out about friends who are adding to their families. THRILLED to see more babies born into love.

That said, I am also pretty exhausted by people asking when we are going to have our next. We don't even really know if we want to have more (probably will) let alone when. We just know that now is not the time. I understand how people want to "get it out of the way" and respect that; however, I have some amazing points about why we are thinking that our next spawning will be in 3 or 4 years... provided we aren't as "lucky" as we were with little Miss Aspen ;)
  • We would like to have one out of diapers before starting another... I've read that if you have a second before the first is toilet-trained it can slow down the progress.
  • Less sibling rivalry, there will always be SOME I know- my brothers are 13 years apart and it's still present!
  • I have mad respect for women who tackle the terrible twos while being pregnant... but the exhaustion of pregnancy coupled with the tantrums of a two year old would kill me. AND then trying to juggle a 2 or 3 year old on top of an infant while grocery shopping??!!!
  • Aspen, when old enough to understand that Momma's having a baby will be more helpful
  • This is the ONLY time I will ever have one on one with my child. The bonding we do is way too important to short her on any and the second baby will never have it either... so we are soaking it up!
  • $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ I know kids all cost money, but if we have time to save between buying cars and colleges for the both of them, then we might not go as insane.
  • My work schedule is overnights, so if I have one child in school then it's not much different than my schedule now.
  • Um, it's my uterus... so back off! Pregnancy was AWFUL and I'm not so sure I'm looking forward to getting all huge again. I'm also not keen on being the center of attention... which is all being pregnant really gets you in public. I smile at all pregnant women I see too haha.
  • I got pregnant with Aspen at 23, and would like to have both children before I'm 30 so really that gives us up to 7 years to really decide when is officially right for us.

I feel like there are more arguments out there for having babies closer together, so there are a few of our points about spreading them out a little. Everyone does exactly what is right for their own families... which is a beautiful thing. We are very excited to actually "plan" for our next baby, being as Aspen was such a happy surprise! One day we will probably be a family of 4... just not for a while because everything is so perfect right now.

We were also hoping to have a little boy next.... what do you think of the name
Breck Mitchell Caton? I like it. Boom!


No comments:

Post a Comment