Every reason for all that I do begins and ends with you...

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Life Lessons

Every moment of motherhood for me has been a learning experiance... My Mom often reminds me of how our children come into our lives to teach us as much as it's our jobs to teach them. This week I have been learning from Aspen:

Asking for help is not a sign of weakness.

  • Mon/Wed/Fri, wake up 6am- awake all day, work from 8pm-7am

  • Tue/Sat, get home from work around 7:30- awake all day, sleep around 10pm

That said, I am trying to start a nap routine with Aspen so I have definant times I CAN lay down to sleep :) I LOVE my job, and knew it was going to be rough and wouldn't change anything because I get to have an income and be a day-mom to my beautiful baby.

Today I had reached the end of my rope... I feel a little guilty for getting frustrated due to sleep deprivation, but luckily I was calm enough to put Aspen down and call for reinforcements! Chris got ahold of my Mom, who came down to take Aspen home so I could get some much needed rest. It was the most incredible nap. LOL I think it's a true sign that someone is a mother if you ask "what would you do with a completely free day" and the answer is "nap, shower and eat a hot meal".

When my mom showed up I told her (teary eyed) that I felt bad because I should be able to do it ALL... to which she brilliantly responded with "good luck with that, if you figure it out let me know how too". I love my mom. She has a way of putting it all in perspective. It was great for her and Chris to both point out that every mom needs a break here and there- and also that it is not weakness, more a sign of strength to know when you need to ask for help.

I am so SO thankful for how much love and support I have in my life. I truly don't know how young and/or single moms do it!!! Now the key is to take advantage of all the helping hands in my life, realize I CAN'T dp it all, and start asking for help before I feel like I'm losing my patience and mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment