Every reason for all that I do begins and ends with you...

Friday, September 24, 2010

Sneaky Vegetables

I was losing my MIND trying to convince my Daughter that vegetables aren't pure evil. She would eat one or two of something, and then pitch a fit whenever she saw something healthy on her plate. We are talking full-scale meltdowns.

SO, I called in for backup advice and got some that has been amazingly helpful. I've been using this amazing cook book, Deceptively Delicious, to sneak veggies into Aspens meals. I've made chicken nuggets with broccoli, muffins with carrot and cauliflower, pancakes with beets and a delicious turkey chili. One day I'm sure I'll have to teach her to see vegetables AND eat them; however, right now I really can't keep beating my brains out trying to force her into something she's so set against! Most of the recipes involve pureed vegetables- which is exactly how I was making all of her baby food. I've been told what an "earth muffin" Mom I am... and that's a great compliment! To have used cloth diapers (despite ALL of the negative feedback) and make all of her food, breastfeed for almost a year and now see she get's the recommended serving of vegetables makes me feel like maybe I can do this Mom thing after all!

Best part? This is the smile she has after a full belly of nutritious food... what mom wouldn't feel like a winner?!

No comments:

Post a Comment