Every reason for all that I do begins and ends with you...

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Wee Sale CHAOS!


Ah, the time of year has come for the disaster known as a "wee sale". I love to dread and dread loving this extravaganza. I'll admit, I look forward to the amazing deals on children items... also I think it's great to be recycling instead of spending outrageous funds on overpriced plastic. This year was the second I've ever attended, and actually purchased a few cute outfits and a bike trailer for Aspen to ride around in. I was pleased at keeping a very realistic budget and stocking the little lady with essentials for the winter. Kids are expensive, but honestly some of the Mothers there went completely insane! Is a brand name really worth fighting for?! I will surrender as a failure right now if Aspen grows up to be one of those women who "must" have the Jimbories and blabity blahs... Nice things are nice, but a few Mothers I saw today were so obsessed with setting their "princesses" up with the best clothes and spending hundreds of dollars it really made me look forward to explaining to Aspen later that the snobs in her class have more invested on what goes ON their heads than what goes in them... AND then she'll hate me for a while or something else daughters do. Haha. It would be nice to be able to purchase all of her essentials through fair trade organizations... maybe one day.
Anyway, the "disaster" part I refer to is the standing in line with 100's of hormonal pregnant women for an hour to start... fighting your way through the crowd of frenzied Mom's looking for the best of the best... then waiting in another line for nearly 2 hours to finish and pay. In that final waiting line of Moms was a group of women who were obviously trying to outdo each other... I seriously wanted to fabricate gold stars and hand them each one for being more shallow than the last. Bravo ladies, can't wait for your daughters to belittle mine for not looking nearly as expensive. (Maybe those are my 7th grade issues?)
Again, I really enjoy a fantastic bargain- and understand that some groups of women really get into that kind of thing. In general I HATE to shop so my view was skewed from the beginning so the "Wee Sale" is a good place to find one, but all in all I am glad it only comes around once a year... sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment